Notes on Gorilla Tracking
- This is a strenuous activity and visitors should be physically fit to enjoy this safari. Professional guides will accompany groups.
- The minimum age allowed is fifteen years.
- Anyone with signs of communicable disease will not be allowed to trek.
- While possession of a gorilla permit is a guarantee of trekking, it cannot be a guarantee of a sighting. However, the chance of sighting is high ‐ 95% or more.
- Maximum time allowed with the gorillas is one hour at a minimum distance of 7 meters.
- No flash photography is allowed and fast film is therefore recommended (minimum 400‐1600 ASA).
- Personal DVD recorders are allowed.
- Clothing recommendation for Gorilla tracking: a breathable and lightweight rain jacket or poncho, a warm jacket or fleece for overcast days and evening, long‐sleeved shirt and trousers, sturdy waterproof walking boots (seasoned or well-worn footwear), leather gardening-type gloves, sunscreen, cap or sun hat, sunglasses, insect repellent, comfortable day pack for carrying water and minimum number of personal items.
- Please note that Gorilla tracking is date specific, permits are booked on a “first come first served” CASH basis.